Thursday, February 23, 2012

Guest Post: Transitional, Modern Interiors via Arcadian Home

Hi all!  Very special guest post today from Jessica at Arcadian Home.  I thouroughly enjoy inviting design professionals to provide a bit of insight into design styles that I myself enjoy.  Being a contemporary designer by trade, I absolutely love the opportunity to work on transitional projects, incorporating both modern and eclectic styles alike.  Enjoy!



Hello everyone! I'm Jessica, a writer from Arcadian Lighting, which is a wonderful online source for lighting fixtures and interior design inspiration. I'm delighted to be guest posting for Michelle today because I'm going to introduce you to a lovely interior design trend know as transitional style. The beauty of this style is that it mixes a variety of old and new together to create rooms that are not uniquely inspired by one era or region. I hope you enjoy!
Transitional Modern
I love the combination of the Asian cabinet, faux zebra skin rug and gold leaf mirror frame in this vignette. The variety of colors and textures is beautiful and draws the imagination to different parts of the world, too.
Transitional Modern
The sleek contemporary furnishings and traditional wainscoting and chandelier are a beautiful contrast in time periods. The cool blue and white color palette is very chic.
Transitional Modern
The unique ceiling light is definitely quirky and eye-catching. Such a statement piece goes well in a room that is otherwise fairly traditional.
Transitional Modern
A brightly colored sari and monochrome zebra rug are always brilliant accents in a room, and this bedroom is no different. The exotic textiles add a dramatic flair to the simple, modern furnishings.
Transitional Modern
I love the heavy, ornate wooden furniture in this bedroom because the unexpected details draw the eye and add visual interest. Even the pendant lights are an interesting shape.
Transitional Modern
The fresh floral colors in this living room are so lovely, especially in the chinoiserie-esque artwork. The sleigh chairs are a 1940s style and the heavy drapes are a more classical decoration.
Transitional Modern
Bold colors and patterns throughout this room lend a definite energetic atmosphere. The mix of décor draw from many different time periods and regions.
Transitional Modern
A warm, neutral color palette and subtle tropical accents go beautifully with simple modern furnishings, like the wooden nightstand and framed artwork in this bedroom.


What do you think of transitional interiors? Let us know in the comments! And be sure to visit Arcadian Lighting to find the right light fixtures to fit in with any décor!



Dont forget to enter the giveaway for your choice of any item in my shop.  Visit this original giveaway post and leave a comment!

1 comment:

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

I love that last bedroom! and welll I like the one about it too! They both remind me of stuff I have in my house!