As we continued to visit antique stores, we had our eye set on one hutch which eventually was sold (bummer), but then again it was on the high end of the budget. We continued our search until I began stalking Craigslist for a few weeks straight. With no such luck (again, we had size constraints), I was convinced we wouldn't find anything or if we did, we would definitely have to refinish it to our taste. Then popped up a new listing one Saturday evening. I replied to the ad and the next day we picked up our
Our sweet little hutch sat in the garage for weeks (ok, maybe months?), as time got away from us. This weekend, we rolled up the sleeves (actually I threw on a tank top, it was 90 degrees) and managed to get our hutch primed. I'm hoping we can paint this next weekend.
*Side note: The couple we purchased from told us the piece originally came from a Minister's family, which they then bought from, and now we are the happy 3rd owners (and this piece is in for a major overhaul)!
What we bought (stay positive):
Some may love this hardware, not me, it's gonna go. And may be for sale if anyone is interested in knobs and pulls.
Beginning the transformation (no more cherry finish):
Removed the back panel, which will be replaced with T1-11 type panel
Ripped off the "detail" on the drawers, D didn't like it and we learned it was actually plastic (ick). We then used wood fill to fill in the holes.
Please excuse the white legs (Spring just started), although give me two weeks at the beach and I'll still be "fair".
A work in progress. We'll share our final paint choices, hardware, etc. as this project enters round two.
P.S.- This project was completed in a few hours- which was my "break time" from Etsy, I'm hoping to have a bit of free time this coming weekend.