Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tamara Catz Designs- Maui

Ok....................... I'm super stoked to be sharing these photos with you all (as they were taken back in August when we had our little anniversary trip back to Maui).  They've been sitting in my iPhoto way too long now to have not shared them via S&S!



Tamara Catz designs- what can I say, the photos will speak for themselves.  Amazing designer, love love love her stuff!  I stumbled into this shop when D and I made a half day trip over to Paia, or as we like to call it "hippie town."  Every shop in Paia has a comfy vibe, a friendly atmosphere, a lived-in feel that gives you an urging to grab a cup of coffee and chat it up with random strangers.  Right off of Hana Hwy, this store is a must stop shop ladies!



TC's store is a breath of fresh air.  Stepping into this boutique prompted a designer's "ah ha" moment for me.  She gets it.  Aesthetically.  A charming store, beautifully styled from the building materials, the flooring, the amazing counter, the racks- all filled with gorgeous product.  Not only does she carry bridal wear, but everyday wear and accessories as well.  I really wished I would have know of her shop when I got married.  I searched high and low for the perfect wedding dress (and did find one I eventually loved)- but my initial instinct was to wear something from the islands- a dress I could purchase in Maui.  If I would have known and have had the chance to shop at TC, I would have had no reservations about waiting until I arrived on island to purchase a dress, every single style was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.  I really did fall in love with her dresses and the attention to detail within the designs.  Maybe someday we'll go back for a vow renewal, and I can wear one of Tamara's lovely designs.

I was enamoured the counter where the register was placed.  Painted glass cased out in wood with the modern silver letters- total branding crush.  The styling of the jewelry in the glass case surrounded by shells was lovely and even the guest book with the simple rock atop the page to keep it open- love.  Look at those wood floors too!   Ahhhhhhh.



If you're in Maui (wherever you stay on the Island), make it a point to shop a day in Paia.  The saying "People make the place" lives up to the words in this town.  Tamara Catz's boutique is a true gem on an already shining island!



TC does have a web site, the home site can be found here, or to shop you can go here.  Enjoy!



No comments: