Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is Almost Here

Fall is such an awesome time of year- it's when we break out some different decor in our home, long sleeves can finally be worn (maybe a few times here in San Diego), and I look forward to going to Disneyland with hubs in October when the park is transformed into pumpkin mania (yes, as grown adults with no kids yet, we enjoy the D-land).  It's also the time of year I have to watch the food consumption, as all the baked goodies seem to call my name- more like chant my name.  This year, I'm determined to be good, starting now.

But last weekend was a no-holds-back type of weekend.  D and I went to our fave- Pizza Port, and macked some pizza and beer buddies, with extra ranch of course.  Sometimes there's nothing better than eating the most amazing food off of paper plates!  D allowed me to wear his flannel (by the way, I need to buy my own) so that I could get the full Fall vibe effect going on and didn't care one bit that I hardly put effort into getting ready with a huge lack of makeup or hair styled.  Hey, it happens.





And even though I've now vowed to be good when it comes to sweets, I found this awesome recipe yesterday for cupcakes and these will be made in our home- hands down- for sure!!!

Caramel Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes



Get the recipe here

5 comments:

Tutti said...

I love how you VOW to be restrained this year with Fall baked-goods... but yet you end your post with a picture of the most scrumptious pumpkin pie cupcake. I see that lasted long ;) Haha.

Kathy said...

First off... you're rocking that flannel shirt! I totally feel you with Fall... everything just gets cozy/warm. I love it!

mmm...to the cupcake...and slight drool. lol

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yum, those cupcakes look amazing! I just made some banana bread the other night.. love fall recipes.

Faith said...

i think you are gorgeous with no makeup and your hair not style. lucky.

that cupcake looks so good. i want to try it but it's from scratch and i will destroy it :(

Faith said...

i gave you an award on my blog because i think you're lovely like that! :)