Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sticky Situation

Dearest Google search,

I am in search of contact paper, shelf liner, drawer lining paper, whatever you call it these days.  Yes I'm a designer, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around finding some awesome shelf paper.  I'm not talking that fuuuuugly faux marble paper that scream tacky, I'd like something patterned or striped, a tad bit of fun.  Why is this search so difficult. 

p.s.- I would rather not spend $60 on one roll of shelf paper.

p.s.s.- I'm beginning to think maybe I'll resort to fabric, because I'm just not coming across any coolness.



Dearest Readers,

Any suggestions?   :)

5 comments:

Tutti said...

I've struggled with this quest all my life.

Do either of these do it for you?
http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/37-188-contact-papers/contact-paper-125231.aspx

or

http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/37-188-contact-papers/world-style-contact-paper-105255.aspx

Tutti said...

The other thing you could do, is get scrap book paper and put a Modge Podge layer on the top. Then use spray adhesive (the non-perm kind) and create your own. A bit more work, I know- but can get ultra custom with that.

jenstillinak said...

Oooh, I love Tami's idea about the scrapbook paper! I also am disenchanted with shelf lining. We currently have some striped stuff that isn't too bad, but it's not really good either. There is a ton of cute scrapbook paper though!

I love, love, love your couch and the hutch is looking awesome! Can't wait to see the final picture!

Michelle said...

Thanks girls :) I did consider scrapbook paper (but you both know I'm too anal to have "seams" in my liner)- hahahaha! The search continues! You did get me thinking about alternative options now.

Our Family said...

I know this seams crazy, but the dollar tree does have some stuff from time to time. I got a basic tan and white striped pattern there once. It is worth popping in from time to time while you search.