Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baking Recap

Anyone remember my post a few months back about my excitement on purchasing our very first Kitchenaid Mixer- the Professional one at that??!  Well shame on me for not posting the first official recipe that was made while using it.  Of course it had to involve peanut butter- what else?  So here goes:

Photos = Not that hot considering I was a hobo around the house all day, lighting in the kitchen is lame, and please don't judge my apartment style kitchen (it's horrid and my promise to myself and hubs is that when we are owners of a home, we'll design an awesome white, clean looking kitchen).  These renter's laminate countertops have been killing me for years now!

Getting Set up:


Getting the hang of it:


Waaa laaaa:



So I really wish I would have taken a final photo of the sandwich version, as these had a filling made and two cookies were pressed together with yum filling.  They were AMAZING!  Props to my awesome recipe from Cottage Living Magazine which I sadly misplaced the torn out recipe (boo)- but I found it online:

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Prep: 20 minutes; Bake: 12 minutes.
Yield: Makes 12 sandwich cookies

Ingredients

8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt
 
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.

2. Beat together first 3 ingredients and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until fully incorporated.

3. Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, 1 rounded tablespoonful at a time, about 2 inches apart. (Dough should yield about 24 cookies.) Press cookies flat with the back of a fork dipped into remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle cookies with any remaining sugar, if desired, and bake 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes on pan; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

4. Spread about 1 tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter Filling onto flat side of 12 cookies, and top each with another cookie, flat side down, to make a sandwich.

Peanut Butter Filling:
Yield: Makes 1 cup

Ingredients
2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

5 tablespoons powdered sugar

Preparation
Beat all ingredients until smooth.

Official recipe here

These were awesome and I already want to make them again!  And a little tip:  If you make the sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator, they taste even better the next few days, as the cookies get soft from the filling- SWEET!

Did I mention this is all I've made in my mixer to date?  What is my problem- lame-o, I must get crackin on some more baking.  Anyone have any to-die-for recipes they'd like to share?

2 comments:

Damon said...

Sweet,you found the recipe...cant wait to have re of those awesome cookies.Your quite the cookies...love ya babe

Faith said...

those look yummy & i don't even like peanut butter!

i wanted a kitchen aid so bad but we didn't get it as a wedding present and well, i don't want to spend the mula on it ...

p.s. i was expecting the ugliest kitchen in the world .. and well, i think it looks good!!! :)